PORTUGAL : Investment Options
The Golden Visa
With investments from €280,000 to €500,000 it is now possible to access the Golden Visa program in Portugal and, in this way, obtain Portuguese citizenship. With a 100% success rate in all Golden Visa processes submitted to the SEF (Foreigners and Borders Service). The Casa 10 Real Estate team assists all clients throughout the entire process for granting a Golden Visa in Portugal, from the search, choice, to the acquisition of the property that is illegible, in accordance with the new rules approved by the Portuguese government on January 1, 2022.
1. REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
- When you invest at least €280,000 in the purchase of properties for rehabilitation over 30 years old or in an urban rehabilitation area in a low-density area.
- When you invest at least 350,000EUR for the purchase of commercial properties over 30 years old or in an urban rehabilitation area in a highly populated area..
- When you invest at least 400,000EUR for the acquisition of new, residential or commercial properties in sparsely populated areas
- When you invest at least 500,000EUR or the purchase of new commercial properties in high-density areas (residential property is limited to designated indoor areas)
2. INVESTMENT IN CAPITAL
- 1,000,000EUR investment to financing instruments (bonds, shares, stocks)
- 500,000EUR of capital investment for acquisition of participation units in investment funds, or for capitalization of small and medium size companies.
- 250.000EUR of capital investment to support artistic production/recovery/maintenance of national cultural heritage.
3. JOB CREATION
Creation of, at least, 10 job positions, this requirement may be reduced by 20% (8 job positions) provided the investment is made in sparsely populated territories
The investment should be maintained for 5 years
Who can obtain the Portuguese residency with the main applicant?
- The spouse
- Children under the age of 18
- Dependent children regardless of age
- Dependent parent and grandparents