USA : INVESTMENT OPTIONS
There are 2 investment options within the EB-5 program:
1. Creation of a new US enterpriseTo be eligible an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$ 1,000,000 in a new commercial enterprise, or US$ 500,000, if in a "targeted commercial area", which includes rural areas or areas with unemployment of at least 150% of the national average.
- Create full time employment for at least 10 qualified US workers, who must be direct employees of the commercial enterprise.
- Actively manage the enterprise, through day to day management or policy formulation.
2. Invest in a Regional Centre
Regional centers are investment opportunities that have been preapproved by the USCIS. To be eligible an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$ 500,000.
- The enterprise must create full time employment for at least 10
- Qualified US workers, where indirect employment is permitted.
- Active management of the enterprise is not required.