UNITED KINGDOM : Investment Options
1) United Kingdom: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
UK’s Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is one of the most popular immigration schemes for Entrepreneurs with an investment of £50,000 (reduced from £200,000 under the previous Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa), one can start their own business in the UK, with a family visa of 3 years which can later be extended for another 2 years. Eventually, after 5 years the family can apply for settlement.
The initial visa will give you 3 years in the UK and, if during that 3 years you can show that you met certain criteria; you can then apply for a further 2 year extension visa. Following the 5 years you will have the option of applying for Permanent Residency (Indefinite Leave to Remain) in the UK.
What are the requirements of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is suitable for you if you want to set up a new business, or invest in an existing business, in the UK. The basic requirements for the initial visa are:
- You have £50,000 available to invest in the UK
- You can show a maintenance funds balance of £900 (or £3,100 if outside UK) for 90 days prior to application;
- You have the required English language capability (either a National of a majority English speaking country, a holder of accepted English language degree or accredited English language test);
After 3 years, in order to secure the 2 year extension visa, you will need to show:
- You were appointed as a Director of a UK company within 6 months;
- You have invested £50,000 in a UK business via equity or unsecured loan;
- Evidence that your investment has resulted in the creation of the equivalent of 2 full time jobs for 12 months;
Points to score to apply as an entrepreneur
To apply under points-based system and be accepted into the entrepreneur category, one must pass a points-based assessment.
Applicant must score:
- 75 points for your attributes which are different depending on whether you make an initial or extension application; and
- 10 points for English language; and
- 10 points for available maintenance (funds).
If one doesn’t score minimum of 75 points for the attributes and 10 points for English language and 10 points for available maintenance (funds), the application will be refused.
Points are awarded for the following categories,
- Access to £50,000;
- The money is in a regulated financial institution;
- The money is disposable in the United Kingdom.
You will need a total of at least 75 points to be able to apply.
The points available are:
Access to £200,000
The money is in a regulated financial institution
The money is disposable in the United Kingdom
- 25 points are awarded if one has £200,000 of his own money available to make a fresh investment into business in the United Kingdom.
- Another 25 points if your money is held in one or more regulated financial institutions. The financial institution or institutions that provide confirmation of the money available to you must be regulated by the home regulator. The home regulator is an official financial regulatory body in the country where the financial institution operates and the money is located.
- 25 points can be scored in case the money is held in the United Kingdom in an institution that is regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- 10 points can be scored for maintenance (funds). These will be awarded in case applying to a British overseas entry clearance post for permission to come to the United Kingdom (known as 'entry clearance') and have £2,800 in available money.
- If the application to the points-based system is successful, then applicant can bring dependents (children under 18 years of age, or your husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner) with you to the United Kingdom.
THE SOLE UK REPRESNTIVE VISA
Sole UK Representative Visa was designed for representatives (employees or shareholders) of an overseas business to establish branch or subsidiary in the United Kingdom. Representative must be shareholder or employee of parent company (Head Office) and company will provide the necessary capital to establish branch in the UK.
ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS...
- Work for your employer full time.
- Bring your family (dependents) with you to the UK
- Apply to settle in the UK after you
- have completed 5 years
YOU DON’T HAVE TO
- Show any investments
- Maintain any maintenance funds
- Stay continuously in the UK
- Free Medical( NHS) for all the family
- Free education for children under 18 years
- Full time job for the spouse